The annual congress of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) is the largest assembly in Europe for healthcare professionals dedicated to different aspects of cancer care ranging from basic research to palliative care. In 2022, >29,300 participants from 150 countries participated both onsite and virtually to share and discuss the most recent developments in cancer research. A total of 1912 abstracts, 76 late-breaking abstracts, and 11 abstracts for presidential symposia were presented. Here, we summarize selected highlights in the field of geriatric oncology.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Geriatric Oncology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- 1363MO Cabazitaxel every 2 weeks versus every 3 weeks in older patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC): the CABASTY randomized phase III trial.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33 (S1164-S5)
- 179P Does undertreatment of elderly patients with early breast cancer impact outcome?.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S619
- 1517P Role of geriatric assessment and oncological multidimensional prognostic index (onco-MPI) in older patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma in a real-world setting.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S1240
- 399P Role of geriatric assessment and oncological multidimensional prognostic index in elderly patients with metastatic colorectal cancer in a real-world setting.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S719
- 171P Association of breast cancer therapy with cognitive decline in older women with early breast cancer: findings from the CLIMB study.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S616
- 1598P Results and feasibility of a pragmatic designed onco-geriatric assessment (POgA).Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S1275
- 1613P Prevalence and predictive value for 6-month mortality of four criteria for assessment of sarcopenia in older patients with cancer: NutriAgeCancer national prospective cohort study.Ann Oncol. 2022; 33: S1280
Published online: January 19, 2023
Accepted: December 1, 2022
Received: November 11, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.