Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Older adult participation in cancer clinical trials: a systematic review of barriers and interventions.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 78-92
- Older patients are still under-represented in clinical trials of Alzheimer’s disease.Alzheimer’s Res Therapy. 2016; 8: 1-10
- Inclusion of Older Adults in Cancer Clinical Trials, Draft Guidance for Industry.https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/inclusion-older-adults-cancer-clinical-trialsDate: 2020
- Improving the evidence base for treating older adults with cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology statement.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 3826-3833
- Geriatric oncology research in the cooperative groups: a report of a SIOG special meeting.J Geriatric Oncol. 2010; 1: 40-44
- Terminated trials in the ClinicalTrials. Gov results database: evaluation of availability of primary outcome data and reasons for termination.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0127242
- Trial-level factors affecting accrual and completion of oncology clinical trials: A systematic review.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2021; : 100843
- Factors associated with clinical trials that fail and opportunities for improving the likelihood of success: a review.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2018; 11: 156-164
- Speed of accrual into published phase III oncology trials: A comparison across geographic locations.American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2012
- Premature clinical trial discontinuation in the era of immune checkpoint inhibitors.Oncologist. 2018; 23: 1494-1499
- Variation in accrual and race/ethnicity reporting in urological and nonurological related cancer trials.J Urol. 2019; 202: 385-391
- Failed randomized clinical trials in radiation oncology: what can we learn?.Intern J Rad Oncol Biol Phys. 2018; 101: 1018-1024
- A sense of urgency: evaluating the link between clinical trial development time and the accrual performance of cancer therapy evaluation program (NCI-CTEP) sponsored studies.Clin Cancer Res. 2010; 16: 5557-5563
- Adult cancer clinical trials that fail to complete: an epidemic?.JNCI: J Nat Cancer Inst. 2014; 106
- Accrual experience of National Cancer Institute cooperative group phase III trials activated from 2000 to 2007.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 5197
- Predicting low accrual in the National Cancer Institute’s cooperative group clinical trials.JNCI: J Nat Cancer Inst. 2016; 108
- Accrual to National Cancer Institute—sponsored non–small-cell lung Cancer trials: insights and contributions from the CCOP program.Clin Lung Cancer. 2009; 10: 410-413
- Challenges facing early phase trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute: an analysis of corrective action plans to improve accrual.Clin Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 5408-5416
- Modernizing eligibility criteria for molecularly driven trials.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 2815-2820
- Characterization of comorbidities limiting the recruitment of patients in early phase clinical trials.Oncologist. 2019; 24: 96-102
- Impact of prior cancer on eligibility for lung cancer clinical trials.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014; 106: dju302
- Accrual of older adults to cancer clinical trials led by the Canadian cancer trials group–is trial design a barrier?.J Geriatric Oncol. 2020; 11: 455-462
- What is AACT?.
- ClinicalTrials.gov, Trends Charts, and Maps.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine, FDAAA 801 and the Final Rule.
- Choosing relevant endpoints for older breast cancer patients in clinical trials: an overview of all current clinical trials on breast cancer treatment.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014; 146: 591-597
- Inclusion of elderly patients in oncology clinical trials.Ann Oncol. 2016; 27: 1799-1804
- Unsuccessful trial accrual and human subjects protections: an empirical analysis of recently closed trials.Clin Trials. 2015; 12: 77-83
- Assessing genitourinary cancer clinical trial accrual sufficiency using archived trial data.JCO Clin Cancer Inform. 2020; 4: 614-622
- Achieving sufficient accrual to address the primary endpoint in phase III clinical trials from US cooperative oncology groups.Clin Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 256-262
- Comparison of conventional statistical methods with machine learning in medicine: diagnosis, drug development, and treatment.Medicina. 2020; 56: 455
- An asymptotic equivalence of choice of model by cross-validation and Akaike’s criterion.J R Stat Soc B Methodol. 1977; 39: 44-47
- Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis (TRIPOD): explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: W1-W73
- Why we should be wary of single-center trials.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 3114-3119
- Clinical studies: Europe or the United States?.Med Dev Diagn Indus. 2004; 26: 134-142