We appreciated the article recently published by Pergolotti and Sattar regarding the importance of measuring functional status of older adults with cancer as a core domain of the geriatric assessment (GA) [
]. Patient-reported and physical performance measures can be used together to improve treatment decision-making and individualization of care. Obtaining these measures in valid, feasible, and sustainable ways is of special interest to us.
- Pergolotti M.
- Sattar S.
Measuring functional status of older adults with cancer with patient and performance-based measures, a how-to guide: a young society of geriatric oncology and nursing and allied health initiative.
J. Geriatr. Oncol. 2020; (S1879-4068(20)30452-5)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Geriatric Oncology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Measuring functional status of older adults with cancer with patient and performance-based measures, a how-to guide: a young society of geriatric oncology and nursing and allied health initiative.J. Geriatr. Oncol. 2020; (S1879-4068(20)30452-5)
- Development of a telehealth geriatric assessment model in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.J Geriatr Oncol. 2020; 11: 761-763
- Prevalence of cognitive impairment and association with survival among older patients with hematologic cancers.JAMA Oncol. 2018; 4: 686-693
- Gait speed, grip strength, and clinical outcomes in older patients with hematologic malignancies.Blood. 2019; 134: 374-382
- How to Administer the Clock-in-the-Box VA New England Geriatric Research, Education, & Clinical Center.2011
- Technology-based measurements for screening, monitoring and preventing frailty.Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2016; 49: 581-595
- Passive monitoring at home: a pilot study in Parkinson disease.Digit Biomark. 2019; 3: 22-30
- Smartphone app-based assessment of gait during Normal and dual-task walking: demonstration of validity and reliability.JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018; 6: e36
- Agreement in gait speed from smartphone and stopwatch for five meter walk in laboratory and clinical environments.Biomed Sci Instrum. 2014; 50: 254-264
- Assessment of disparities in digital access among medicare beneficiaries and implications for telemedicine.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 1386-1389
Published online: March 29, 2021
Accepted: March 23, 2021
Received in revised form: January 28, 2021
Received: November 12, 2020
Published by Elsevier Ltd.